Monday, February 9, 2009

Hickory Grove UMC Missions Night

One of the amazing and fun things I get to do in my job is visit our area churches, particularly the Methodist churches that support us through apportionments, donations, and volunteering.  So, when I heard that Hickory Grove was having a Missions Night to raise funds for their missions projects, I just had to go!

AnnMarie, Jo, and Mary along with a staff of many others held a Missions night, complete with a wonderful home-cooked dinner (another reason my arm doesn't have to be twisted too much to go to these events!), a silent auction, and a talent show.  Slides of different missions projects were presented, and I was allowed to have a booth of information telling about the Bethlehem Center.

The night started out by the Music Makers performing several old hymns (it reminded me of "Camp Meeting Months" many churches did several years ago).  It was then the children's turn, where they taught us about the Gospels and love, and the Girl Scouts performed some old standards that some of you might remember ("Bazooka Bubble Gum," for one).  Other performances included a youth dance team, a father/daughter duet, and a few piano performances that I'm sure would make any church envious of the talent Hickory Grove possesses.

Thank you to Hickory Grove for allowing Bethlehem Center to be a part of this great night.  We are truly blessed and thankful for your dedication to missions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment